Accidents with the vehicle can be very ordinary bumps, or unexpected situations that require fast action. Remember to call the general emergency number 112 first if there are personal injuries or the situation poses a danger to other road users.
At the scene of the accident
Always try to work at the scene of the accident calmly and with safety in mind. Here are some points to remember when working at the scene of an accident:
1. Check the extent of the damage. If personal injuries of any degree have occurred, always first call the general emergency number 112.
2. If possible, prevent further damage by warning other road users.
3. If another party is involved in the accident, write down the car's registration number and the driver's contact information. If there is any doubt of the party accountable, the police should be called to the scene.
4. Write down all the causes, circumstances and obvious consequences of the damage, as well as the contact information of witnesses and others involved. Check the information of the potential counterparty of the damage. If it is possible to do it safely, you can document the damages and the conditions at the scene of the accident.
5. If the damage prevents you from continuing to drive, contact the 24/7 Arval roadside assistance. The vehicle can possibly be repaired on the spot to driving condition, or towed away from the scene of the accident.
Filing a damage report
In case of damage, always notify Arval's damage services via email email@example.com or via the MyArval application. Please be prepared to present the process of the situation, a description of the damage to the vehicle, the other party's damage and contact information, and other necessary information.
If your leasing contract includes insurance through Arval, the above are sufficient. Otherwise, report the damage to the insurance company that insured the car as well.
If your vehicle's windshield is damaged, it is recommended to have it repaired as soon as possible to ensure better visibility and safety. In the case of stone chips, the windshield does not necessarily need to be replaced, but can be repaired. In such cases, there is no need to file a damage report and you can take the car directly to our partner Autoklinikka's repair shops, even without an appointment.
If your car's windshield is cracked or damaged worse, it should be replaced with a new one. In such a case, contact your own insurance company and Arval to replace the windshield.
If the vehicle has been vandalized, stolen or attempted, broken into or the keys to the vehicle are stolen, you must report the crime to the police immediately. Please also make a damage report to Arval and your insurance company in accordance with the instructions above.
Remember that you can also prevent vandalism and theft by your own actions. For example, visible valuables may be an enticement to break into a car, so don't leave valuables or other attractive items visible.
Voit luottaa meihin:
Yli 30 vuoden kokemus leasingalalta kansainvälisesti
Ammattitaitoinen henkilökuntamme auttaa löytämään parhaat ratkaisut
Olemme täällä asiakkaitamme varten:
Olemme asiakkaidemme apuna kaikissa autoasioissa
Teemme asiakkaidemme autoilusta helppoa ja huoletonta